Find Open Online Courses
If you are looking for open online courses, please consult one of the sources below. If you are offering a MOOC (that is not from one of the sources listed) please send email to email@example.com and I will included it in the MOOC Course List.
2013 Connectivist-style MOOCs
- etMOOC - Educational Technology MOOC. we’ll be needing you to share your knowledge, to support and encourage others, and to participate in meaningful conversations.
- OLDS MOOC - Open Learning Design Studio Massive Open Online Course (OLDS MOOC) "Learning Design for a 21st Century Curriculum" (www.olds.ac.uk), a free and open nine week course led by the Open University’s Institute of Educational Technology
- MOOC MOOC - the Hybrid Pedagogy online journal group is starting a MOOC MOOC to study and evaluate MOOC's within an open online course environment.
- MOOC Maker Course will focus on the process of developing and running an Open Course. Hashtags at Twitter and Google+ are either #howtomooc or #mmc13. In German.
- Hybrid Learning. This is a course provider entirely based in MOOC-Connectivism and social learning approach (see, http://hybrid-learning.es/index/educationalmodel). In 2013 we will launch at least 4 courses (on open innovation, gamification and teaching at schools, open culture, social media...).
MOOC and open Course Providers
Visit individual sites to view course lists.
- Alison "Since our launch in April 2007 50M+ free lessons have been delivered, learners have spent 3M+ hours studying 400+ Free courses in 10+ Course Categories."
- Carnegie Mellon University Open Learning Initiative
- Class Central - Stanford, Coursera, MIT and Harvard led edX (MITx + Harvardx + BerkeleyX), and Udacity
- Coursera list of courses
- Curricki - open curriculua
- Edx courses
- iTunesU - some courses - guide from DIY University (Apple doesn't provide a list of courses, naturally); list of affiliates
- MIT Open CourseWare (course materials only
- MOOC.fr - dédié à des MOOC francophones (premier MOOC, Internet : Tout Y est Pour Apprendre)
- Open Learning courses
- Open Learn - Open University (UK), see menu at left
- P2P University - courses
- SyMynd courses from NYU, University of Washington, McGill University
- Stanford's Free Online Courses
- Udacity courses
- Udemy list of online courses
- University of the People - course catalogue
- WikiEducator content
- Wikiversity - 'schools'
- Open Yale courses
Older Connectivist-style MOOCs
- The MOOC Guide - A list of the first MOOCs to be created, and what they contributed to the form
- Connectivist MOOCs - MOOCs that conform to the original format developed by George Siemens and myself
- International MOOCs - Past and Present - Stephen's big list of MOOCs
Subscribe to the MOOC Newsletter to keep up on the MOOC community's theory of MOOCs, new MOOC announcements, and news about MOOCs.